Tinapa Fried Rice
- 1 tbsp oil + 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 fish broth cube, crumbled
- 1/2 cup tinapa, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups rice (prepared according to foundation post)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- In a hot wok/pan, add the oil and butter.
- Add the broth cube and stir until dissolved.
- Add the tinapa and cook until just heated through.
- Add the egg and cook, moving frequently to scramble, until set.
- Add the tomato then stir to combine.
- Add the rice and stir, moving the pan continuously to evenly combine the ingredients.
- Season the rice with oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Continue to cook until well combined and each grain is coated and seasoned.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 cups day-old rice
- 4 tbsp Maggi Chilimansi
- 5 packs Ding Dong
- Over medium heat, saute the garlic until light brown.
- In the same pan, add the rice and heat through.
- Season the rice with the liquid seasoning.
- Take off from heat and mix Ding Dong through the rice.
- Top with more Ding Dong before serving
Substitutions & Adjustments
- If you don’t have Maggi Chilimansi, you can use whatever liquid seasoning you have, or even soy sauce.
- You can swap out the Ding Dong with your choice of chips.
- Feel free to add any other mix-ins to make heftier fried rice.
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 1 block tofu, cubed
- 200g ground pork
- 1 cup fishballs, quartered
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- 1 package hotpot mix
- 6 cups rice, cooked
- In a large skillet or wok over medium heat, add the oil.
- Add the tofu and cook until browned on all sides.
- Remove tofu from the wok, turn heat to high, then add ground pork and fishballs.
- Cook until pork is cooked through browned, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to cook, about 4 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove pork, fishballs, and mushrooms from wok and set aside with the tofu.
- Return heat to medium and add the hotpot mix.
- Swirl to break up, if needed, then add the rice.
- Mix thoroughly until rice is coated, then add back tofu, pork, fishballs, and mushrooms.
- Continue cooking and tossing until well combined.
- Add in chives and serve immediately.