Chorizo and Duck BurritoJuly 16, 2018
- Mikka WeeWords
If you like burritos, then you’ll certainly enjoy this East-meets-Mexican masterpiece: a burrito stuffed with duck and Chinese chorizo. Yep, that’s right! Greasy, fatty Chinese meats and fragrant jasmine rice rolled up in a nice, toasty tortilla.
Some bok choy was added to balance out the meats’ oiliness. But health-wise, don’t expect much from the vegetable. All of the flavor has been absorbed by each grain of the jasmine rice, packing this burrito with a truckload of calories. Delicious calories, if I may add.
So, if you want a different, Oriental twist to your usual burrito, load up on the duck and chorizo and start heating those tortillas. The burritos and jasmine tea make an excellent pair.
Chorizo Duck Burrito
Total Time: 30 minutes / Yield: 2-3 servings
- 1 pc dried duck leg
- 3 pcs Chinese chorizo/ sausage, sliced diagonally
- 2 cups jasmine rice grains
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Flour tortillas
- Steamed bokchoy, chopped
- Sweet soy sauce, for dipping
- Rinse rice grains once and drain. Put in rice cooker with the 2 cups of water.
- Top with duck leg and sliced chorizo.
- Cook rice like you would for a regular meal.
- When rice is cooked, remove duck leg ,and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Mix in soy sauce. Set aside.
- Debone duck and chop duck meat. Mix into the rice.
- Layer one piece of tortilla.
- Scoop some rice with chorizo and duck.
- Add some chopped bok choy.
- Roll into a burrito.
- Repeat for the rest. Serve with sweet soy sauce.