Breakfast Tortilla Pizza: A Great Excuse to Drink Beer in the MorningMay 4, 2019
It’s a bit tricky to classify our Breakfast Tortilla Pizza. Sure, it would make a good meal to jumpstart your day, but at the same time, it sounds like a dish that would be fantastic with a nice cold bottle of beer.
We like the combination of flavors from the bitter arugula, tangy tomato sauce, rich cream cheese, and salty prosciutto. The glistening sunny side up egg on top is just the icing on this (pizza) cake. Imagine popping the yolk and watching that golden yolk spill all over your pizza.
You know what, we changed our minds. We’re not confused anymore. Afterall, who says you can’t have beer during breakfast?
Breakfast Tortilla Pizza
Total time: 45 mintues
Yield: 1-2 servings, estimated
- 1 small sachet tomato sauce
- some cream cheese
- prosciutto or pancetta ham
- 1 egg, fried sunny side up or over easy (leave the yolk a little runny)
- parmesan or edam cheese (optional)
- Assemble the pizza using the tortilla as your crust. The order is tortilla, thin layer of tomato sauce, cream cheese, the meat, then arugula.
- Carefully add the fried egg on top.
- Bake in the oven (with the egg, yes) for 20-30 minutes or until the tortilla begins to crisp and the cheese softens.
- Remove from the oven. Garnish the piza with more arugula and/or meat, and grate parmesan or edam cheese on top. Actually, any cheese of your choice is fine.
- Serve and enjoy!