- 2 cups ripe mango, frozen + ½ cup sliced
- 1 cup papaya, frozen
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 bananas, sliced
- ½ cup granola
Breakfast Smoothie Bowls under PHP200: A Cheap, Healthy, Refreshing Way to Start the DayJanuary 14, 2020
Smoothie bowls were all the rage a few years back. What’s not to like? It’s healthy, easy-to-eat, and “so cute.” But the good ones are always so damn expensive. Well, we prove that they don’t have to be. You don’t have to have strawberries and chia seeds to make it delicious; nor do you have to go to a hip brunch place to enjoy a well-made one. All you need is a blender, a complementing combo of fruits, and 200 bucks.
This breakfast smoothie bowl recipe uses ripe mango, papaya, and bananas; all of which you can easily get from your local fruit vendor. To make sure your smoothie is thick (you’re not making a drink here), it’s necessary to freeze the fruits overnight. Don’t sleep on the granola (or cereal)—you’ll love (and look for) that contrasting crunch.
Breakfast Smoothie Bowl
- Serves: 2 people
- Active time: 15 mins
- Total time: 15 mins + overnight
- Difficulty: Easy
- Special tools: Blender
- Add frozen mango, frozen papaya, and Greek yogurt to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Thin out with water as needed.
- Divide mixture between two bowls and top with bananas, granola, and reserved sliced mangoes.