Add an Asim Twist to Your Fried Chicken with Our Bounty Fresh Sinigang Fried Chicken RecipeAugust 9, 2019
Fried chicken is the unofficial favorite food of many Filipinos. It is one of those American dishes that has embedded itself so fully into our culinary psyche, that it has already become an everyday eat, available even in convenience stores.
Everyone has their own favorite plate of fried chicken, but sometimes, we all look for a change, for a new take on crispy skin and juicy meat.
Using Bounty Fresh drumsticks, we’ve created a version that is sure to excite your palate, and introduce a spin on the classic fried chicken. Sinigang fried chicken uses the powder, giving an extra punch of sourness to the crunchy, golden exterior of chicken that we love. Rather than using extra spices to flavor our deep-fried fowl, we’ve gone down an even more Pinoy route, with sour flavors that are familiar to us.
You can always use your favorite Bounty Fresh chicken parts to enjoy this even further. We bet you’ll be licking your fingers and asking for an extra cup of rice.
Bounty Fresh Sinigang Fried Chicken
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 kg Bounty Fresh Chicken Drumsticks, cleaned and dried
- 1 pack sinigang mix
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- oil, for deep-frying
- Marinate Bounty Fresh Chicken Drumsticks in sinigang mix and fish sauce for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Deep-fry marinated drumsticks in batches, about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
- Drain in paper towels and serve warm.