Bounty Fresh Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas: Who Can Resist This Cheesy Creation?August 15, 2019
Mexican food has quickly become beloved by Filipinos, because of it’s flavors that are tuned to our palate—there’s salty, sour, and always an extra kick of spice.
We love our tacos, our burritos and our enchiladas and there have been more and more Mexican joints popping up in the city. However, you don’t have to visit the next taqueria to get your fix of Mexican cuisine’s punchy, robust cuisine.
Enchiladas can be made with beef or beans, but we’ve made these using Bounty Fresh chicken breasts. Filled with refried beans and cheese, jalapeños, cilantro and a thick, tomatoey enchilada sauce, it’s a fully loaded dish that packs all the flavors we love from Mexico.
The chicken absorbs the juices from the sauce and the rest of the filling, so it becomes incredibly tasty meat, bursting with the complexity of onion, tomato and oregano from the sauce, and the spice and sourness of jalapeños.
Baked in the oven, these chicken and cheese enchiladas, are a rich gooey mess that will get you hooked, a recipe that you’re bound to repeat again and again.
Bounty Fresh Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients: Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 cups Bounty Fresh Chicken Breast, boiled and shredded
- 1 can refried beans
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 medium-sized tortillas
- jalapeño slices
- enchilada sauce (recipe below)
- cilantro, for garnish
- sour cream, as topping
Assembly: Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- Lay down a piece of tortilla.
- Spread a heaping tablespoon of beans in the middle and in a straight line.
- Put 1/4 cup of shredded chicken breast on top of the beans.
- Drizzle with 1/2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Top with a spoonful of cheese, a few slices of jalapeño, and cilantro.
- Roll and repeat process with the rest of the tortilla.
- Arrange in a baking pan.
- Top with enchilada sauce and finish with the remaining grated cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 10-12 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Drizzle with sour cream and garnish with more cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
Ingredients: Enchilada Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp iodized salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup water
Procedure: Enchilada Sauce
- Heat oil in pan.
- Sauté garlic and onions for 2 minutes.
- Add in crushed tomatoes, all the seasonings, and water.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes until mixture has a thicker, sauce-like consistency.
- Season to taste.
- Turn off fire and set aside until ready to use.