Add a Spicy American Kick to Your Pasta with this Bounty Fresh Buffalo Chicken Meatball SpaghettiAugust 31, 2014
We love our spaghetti. Filipinos have transformed this imported Italian American staple into their own, by adding ketchup, hotdogs, then turning it slightly sweet. We usually do this to dishes that have permeated our culture, adapting them to our taste buds, creating hybrids that are incredibly Filipino. We have decided to create another spin on spaghetti, by merging it with another American classic—buffalo wings.
If you can handle your heat, then this recipe is definitely for you. Using Bounty Fresh minced chicken, we’ve made juicy, loaded meatballs with buffalo sauce. They are tender, meaty, and pack a flavorful kick with every bite. We’ve carried on this spice even to the pasta sauce, using just a bit of buffalo sauce to add a pungency to the tomatoes.
Although this may need a caution sign, it is actually still subtle enough to taste the chicken meatballs, which are the indulgent star of this new take on spaghetti.
Bounty Fresh Buffalo Chicken Meatball Spaghetti
Total Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Ingredients: Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 500g Bounty Fresh ground chicken
- 1 white onion, minced
- 3/4 tsp iodized salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup store-bought buffalo sauce of choice
Procedure: Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Form into balls and set aside in the chiller.
- When already firm to handle, take out from chiller.
- Heat 1 inch oil in pan.
- Pan-fry each meatball on all sides.
- Drain excess oil on paper towels and set aside for use in buffalo sauce.
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup store-bought buffalo sauce of choice
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooked spaghetti noodles
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Melt butter in pan.
- Sauté onions and garlic.
- Add in water, crushed tomatoes, buffalo sauce, and hot sauce.
- Boil and add in meatballs.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange spaghetti noodles on plate.
- Pour sauce over the noodles.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.