You’ll Love this Blood Pudding made with KIT KAT® and Raspberry PreservesOctober 29, 2014
Halloween is the one holiday a year where we can all indulge in our secret pleasures and get away with it. We can have as much chocolate as we want to—after all, isn’t that the spirit of the holiday? Creating decadent desserts without thinking of the consequences should be the adult version of trick-or-treat, rewarding yourself with sweets and chocolates on this fun holiday. Chocolate pudding for example, is one of those desserts that is universally loved, dense and creamy, with the unadulterated kick of cocoa. It’s the perfect sweet treat that will make you feel extra naughty on Halloween.
To make your chocolate pudding even more appropriate to the holiday, adorn it with raspberry preserves to make it appear as if it is thick and bloody. It’s a fun way to dress your mousse, and you can even serve it to friends at a Halloween party. Crushed KIT KAT® gives the mousse more depth in texture, so while you’re dipping your spoon into a bowl of the stuff, you get an even spookier effect.
Bloody KIT KAT® Pudding Cups
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients: Bloody KIT KAT® Pudding Cups
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup of KIT KAT® 4 Fingers, crushed
- whipped cream
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves, thinned with water
- KIT KAT® fingers, for garnish
Procedure: Bloody KIT KAT® Pudding Cups
- Combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan. Slowly stir in milk.
- Cook the mixture over a medium heat until it boils.
- Stir for 1 minute while boiling the remove off the heat.
- Stir in the butter, vanilla, and crushed KIT KAT® wafers.
- Pour the pudding into individual cups.
- Cover in plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding to avoid a skin from forming. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and splattered with the raspberry sauce. Garnish with KIT KAT® fingers.