Celebrate International Beer Day with These Beer Cocktails!May 4, 2020
So it’s Friday today AND it’s International Beer Day! If those aren’t good enough reasons to feed that growing baby bump of a beer belly, then we don’t know what is. To mark the goddamn glorious occasion, we—along with our buddy from Pagudpud-based brand Proudly Promdi—have come up with a couple of beer cocktails for you to get pleasantly wasted on tonight!
The Happy Horse
- 2 shots lambanog
- 2 shots simple sugar
- 1 shot lemon juice
- 1 lemon slice (for garnish)
- 1.5 shots Manille Liqueur de Dalandan
- Red Horse beer
- Combine lambanog, syrup, lemon juice, and liqueur in a shaker.
- Add ice above the level of the liquid and shake vigorously for five seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a glass with ice. Pour only 1/3 of the glass and fill the rest of the glass with Red Horse beer.
- Garnish with a lemon slice
The Berry Pale Tito
- a handful of mulberries (we used locally grown mulberries from Ilocos)
- 2 shots Don Papa rum
- 2 shots Proudly Promdi bugnay juice concentrate
- San Miguel Pale Pilsen
- Muddle the berries at the bottom of a shaker until thoroughly crushed.
- Add in rum and bugnay juice.
- Add ice above the level of the liquid and shake for 10 seconds.
- Strain and pour into a glass of ice on 1/3 of the way, before filling up the rest of the glass with San Miguel Pale Pilsen.
- Garnish with berries.
- 3 shots mango juice
- 2 shots of Manille Liqueur de Calamansi
- 1 shot simple sugar
- Beer na Beer
- Add ice, mango juice, syrup, and liqueur into blender and blitz.
- Rim the glass with salt.
- Add 1/3 of the mixture into a glass, before swiftly inverting the bottle of Beer na Beer into the drink.