Eat These Baked Apples with KIT KAT® Centers Straight Off the Christmas TreeDecember 10, 2019
These Baked Apples with KIT KAT® Centers lure by mimicking the golden ornaments hanging on the Christmas Tree, but the best part about them is that they’re filled with a chocolate wafer crumble made with Nestlé KIT KAT®, tempting you to take a full bite.
Tender and hot off the oven, the baked apples remind almost remind us of poached pears with a tangier taste, that blends so well with the sweetness from the KIT KAT® center and sinful chocolate drizzle.
Baked Apples with KIT KAT® Centers
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients: Baked Apples
- 4 medium apples
- 60 grams melted butter
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup KIT KAT®, crushed
Ingredients: Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Cut the end off the apples so that they sit flat. Core the apples with a corer or paring knife.
- Spread some of the melted butter on a baking dish and sprinkle with some of the sugar.
- Brush each apple with the rest of the melted butter and roll them in the rest of the sugar.
- Place the apples onto the baking dish.
- Stuff each core with crushed KIT KAT®. Make sure it is packed as tight as possible.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the apples are fork tender. Set aside.
- While the apples are baking, prepare the chocolate sauce. Combine sugar, cocoa powder, and water in a saucepan and heat until boiling.
- Pour the mixture over the chocolate and stir until melted and the mixture is fully combined.
- Serve with the baked apples.