It’s the week’s hump day, and we all can’t wait for the weekend. So tonight, why not whip up this Baileys Chocolate Mousse to ease all the previous days’ stress, and prepare you for the ones ahead.
A modest splash of Baileys Irish Cream adds an intoxicating kick to this delicious chocolate mousse, so you better brace yourself. The alcohol surprisingly adds a creamier contrast in flavor, giving the mousse a bolder texture. The basil brings out the flavor of the chocolate in an earthy, herby sort of way. Of course, you can save the alcohol for Friday and replace it with heavy cream with a sprinkle cocoa. But we all know that anything with Baileys Irish Cream is worth it.
Baileys Basil Mousse
Total Time: 60 minutes / Yield: 2-4 servings
- 100 g big marshmallows
- 1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 3 tbsp butter
- 200 g chopped dark chocolate
- 4 cups whipped cream
- Chopped basil leaves
- In a saucepan, combine marshmallows, Baileys and butter. Heat until melted. Remove from fire.
- Add the chocolate and melt over a double boiler.
- Add the whipped cream, fold, and cool down slightly in the refrigerator.
- After an hour or so, transfer the mixture to containers and top with shredded basil.