- 2 cans corn kernels, drained
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Quickmelt, plus four thin slices, reserved
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp. chili powder
We Hacked Bad Bird’s Torched Corn and Cream Cheese to Go with All of Our Summer BarbecuesMay 11, 2020
If the heat is any indication, then summer is here; and that means it’s time for outdoor barbecues. And since we’ve got all the time in the world now, there’s no excuse not to bust out the grill and spend the day flipping meat. That said, no barbecue is complete without an assortment of side dishes. So we’ve hacked Bad Bird’s Torched Corn and Cream Cheese—an insanely simple, but delicious recipe to pair with anything off the grill.
This recipe is so easy, you can get the younger ones at home to do it. You just throw everything into a pot, and stir until it all melts. The Quickmelt on top is optional; but we highly recommend you include it, both for accuracy and all-around deliciousness. By the way, all that stuff about it being a side dish for barbecue is bull. You can totally have this on its own. Or you can also order some fried chicken from Bad Bird—they’re open for take-out and delivery this ECQ!
Help our local restaurants! Lowbrow Casual Restaurants (aka Bad Bird, Fowl Bread, Beefier Beef Shop, Flower Boy, and BBX) is asking for your help in behalf of their staff. You can support them by buying GC’s and merch here.
Bad Bird Torched Corn and Cream Cheese
- Serves: 4 people
- Active time: 30 mins
- Total time: 30 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- In a pan over medium heat, add all the ingredients except the reserved slices of Quickmelt.
- Cook, stirring continuously, until all the cheese has melted and the mixture is bubbling.
- Remove from heat then transfer onto serving plate/bowl.
- Top with the reserved slices of cheese then finish with a torch until toasted.