Mac and Cheese CupsJuly 4, 2018
Imagine two of our kiddie favorites: Mac & Cheese and Cupcakes rolled together into one hearty snack.
Bring out your inner cheese, whip up a batch and who knows, this might be the key to wooing your childhood sweetheart back to your lame and lonely love life.
Behold! A savory counterpart to the sinfully sweet cupcakes we have all come to love is born.
Though appealing (but not limited) to the insanely cheesy, these Mac & Cheese Cups are sure to tug your hungry heartstrings and make you fall in love in a way that no Nicholas Sparks novel can ever capture.
So please, invite your sweetheart over and bask in some romantic flicks while munching on these Mac & Cheese Cups.
They say that the best way to a man’s (or woman’s!) heart is through his (or her) stomach. Well, with these by your side, you’re truly destined to win both.
The only bad part is that these little babies are still calorie-loaded and might turn you into a 789-pound whale; but with true love, who cares?
Mac and Cheese Cups
Yield: 1 dozen cups
Ingredients for the Mac and Cheese
- 4 cups cooked macaroni
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 cup grated Monterey jack or gruyere
- 1 recipe béchamel sauce
- 2 pcs eggs
Ingredients for the Bechamel Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
Ingredients for the Topping
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs (regular bread crumbs will work as well)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
Procedure for Béchamel
- Heat butter until melted.
- Add in flour and cook for 1 minute or until it sizzles.
- Slowly add in the milk while whisking continuously.
- Season with salt, mustard and nutmeg.
Procedure for Topping
- Mix together melted butter, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Set aside.
Procedure for Macaroni and Cheese Cups
- In a bowl, put the cooked macaroni.
- Mix in all the cheeses and the Béchamel sauce.
- Check seasonings and adjust as needed.
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
- Lightly oil muffin pan and fill with macaroni cheese mixture.
- Top with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake in 350 degree F preheat oven for 30-40 minutes or until top is browned.
- Cool for 10 minutes and remove from muffin pan.
- Panko is a type of Japanese Breadcrumbs found in Japanese groceries.
- Feel free to use other varieties of cheese for this recipe.
- You can line the muffin pan with paper cups for easier handling.
- Add extra ingredients like ham and mushrooms for added flavor.