If Popeye had more class (and a more palatable set of taste buds), he wouldn’t settle for just a measly can of Spinach. I mean, even the idea itself is absurd.
If he had the slightest bit of culinary sense, what he’d do instead is to get his muscles pumpin’, whip out a pan from the closet, and start cooking this lip-smackin’ chicken dish that’ll definitely keep ye ‘old scurvy away and get his crew sailin’ the seven seas.
Aye, this dish has been proven to weaken even the sirens’ knees. ‘Cause you see, mateys, despite the cream cheese and spinach stuffed into these once-feathered babies, they’re also wrapped with a shiny sheet of bacon.
Here’s some food for thought: ever wondered why Popeye is so addicted to these greens? Well, he’s not—his creators are, and they want to brainwash kids all over the world to eat this stuff. But rightly so, because these greens are terrific for those little pirates.
How about you?
Check your belly. Is it more of a Wimpy or a Popeye? If you answered the former, then you’re in deep trouble. Perhaps it’s about time you trade in those triple cheeseburgers for some chicken breast and spinach.
Bacon-wrapped Chicken stuffed with Spinach Cream Cheese
Yield: 3 servings
- 3 pcs chicken breast, large
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 tsp olive oil
- 3 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup blanched spinach, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- Clean chicken breast well, pat dry.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Make a pocket by slicing the chicken breast on the thick part. Stand by chicken.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, spinach and salt.
- Divide into 3 portions and fill each chicken breast with spinach mixture.
- Wrap each breast with bacon.
- Heat pan and put olive oil.
- Sear chicken on both sides, around 1-2 minutes per side.
- And continue cooking in preheated 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 7 minutes.
- Serve with sidings.