So, it’s the middle of the year and no one’s serving peppermint-anything, but you want it with all your guts. You want that cool and tingling sensation in your mouth, and the subtle chill it gives you after you gently shove it down your throat. The craving is so intense and you must have it now.
But you have a problem: no grocery in plain sight sells the almightly mint leaves you’re looking for and you’re stuck wondering where you’ll get your mint kick.
Enter your childhood’s ever-so-reliable minty candy.
Of course, gobbling up these little candies like M&Ms provides no satisfaction, so infusing them into brownies just like your good ol’ weed cakes is your best option.
This little creation tastes like your childhood dreams, distant but flickering, with warmth all around with a cool tingling sensation that lasts at least until you down another… and another… and another.
And while nice mint leaves are not so available here in Manila, Maxx is present in every single one of the thousands of sari-sari stores that dot each corner of the city. On top of that, it comes in different flavours for you to experiment your brownies with.
Maxx Candy Infused Brownies
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- 1/3 cup crushed Maxx strong menthol
- 2 tbsp crushed Maxx strong menthol, for garnish
- Mix brownie batter as directed in package.
- Mix in 1/3 cup crushed Maxx.
- Bake as directed on package.
- Cool and top with extra 2 tbsp crushed Maxx.
- Cut in portions. Serve.
- Feel free to increase the amount of crushed Maxx in this recipe for a stronger minty taste.