If the ham and cheese sandwich were human, it would be a silent little goody-goody nobody that wears both slings of a backpack tight around his arms, non-statement clothes, and extra loose jeans.
For today, we decided to make the evil twin of this quiet, nondescript sandwich.
While he’s made of the same components from his mother, he’s not the same. He never comes to work on time, struggles to take a bath every day, is a champion at beer pong, and never reads anything unless it has pictures.
Why don’t you welcome our Deep-fried Ham & Cheese Sandwich Wheels?
When you get sick of your every day safety sandwich and you’ve resorted to bartering lunches for it, you’ll be longing for something more…experimental.
If you’re feeling more adventurous, you can even add to it by whipping up dips like the gorgonzola we tried out, but anything that wins your fancy will do a great job. Just know that there is no antidote when you’ve gone down this path.
For your protection, we’ve crafted a reminder that will help you avoid fully jumping to the dark side—when you go fried, you will grow wide.
Deep Fried Ham and Cheese Sandwich Wheels
Yield: 8 servings
Ingredients for the Sandwich Wheels
- 8 pcs White bread
- 8 slices Ham
- 8 slices Cheese
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1-2 pcs Egg
- 1 cup Flour
Ingredients for the Creamy Gorgonzola Dip
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3-1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tsp brown sugar
Procedure for making the Sandwiches
- Remove edges of white bread.
- Flatten bread using a rolling pin.
- Layer with one piece ham and one piece cheese.
- Roll into wheels. Press firm to hold.
- Repeat with the rest.
- Then apply bread crumbs on the bread rolls. (Read instructions below)
Procedure for applying bread crumbs and deep-frying the Sandwiches
- Arrange breading station: bowl 1 is flour, bowl 2 is egg and bowl 3 is breadcrumbs.
- Dust bread roll with flour, dip in egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Repeat for the other bread rolls.
- Heat 1 inch oil in a pan.
- When oil is ready for frying, fry bread rolls 2-3 minutes on each side pr until golden brown.
- Drain in paper towels and serve with dip.
Procedure for the Creamy Gorgonzola Dip
- Mash cheese into cream.
- Mix well with sugar.
- Set aside until ready to use.