Sometimes, you’d want to look like an alcoholic to impress a certain crowd. As you know, you could easily do that with our faux strawberry champagne.
But what if you want to do the opposite?
What if you desperately need your afternoon alcohol fix, but want to look like a sophisticated 18th century duchess?
Enter the Tea Martini.
This little drink looks like tea, tastes a bit like tea but has a subtle alcholic punch for you.
Try it out in your office (secretly, of course) for merienda and tell us about it. You can even have it with some scones or cookies for the full afternoon tea experience.
But if scones are too classy for you, Sky Flakes will do.
Earl Gray Tea Martini (aka The Marteani)
Yield: 1 serving
- 2 tbsp Earl Grey Tea infused with Vodka
- 2 tbsp Corn Syrup
- 1 pc Lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup Ice
Procedure for the Early Grey-Infused Vodka
- Soak 1 sachet earl grey tea in 200 ml vodka overnight.
Procedure for the Tea Martini
- Make a glass by putting together all ingredients in a shaker and shake for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve in martini glass or tea cup.
- If you don’t have corn syrup, you can make your own by boiling together 1 cup water with 2 cups sugar until dissolved. Adjust quantity of syrup to taste. You can also use other tea flavors for this recipe. This recipe is perfect with some scones or cookies on the side.