Enjoy this Sweater Weather with S’mores You Can DrinkDecember 17, 2013
There’s nothing quite like lounging around in your lanai on December early mornings, with nothing but a blanket for your legs and a steaming mug of hot chocolate clutched in your hands. As you watch the street slowly come to life with people about to start their day, you can’t help but reminisce and feel emo the embrace of nostalgia welling up from inside you with every sip of your warm cocoa.
Seriously, though, this time of the year is way too chilly (and cheery) too have too many heavy feels. To ramp up the positive vibes, we’re making hot chocolate even more fun by pouring it into yummy edible cups made from M.Y. San Crushed Grahams. We even added some marshmallows into each cup, turning an already awesome treat into a pseudo-S’more that’s sure to spark happy childhood memories.
Whether you’ve got someone to cuddle with (dogs count!) or not (because being single is awesome), sweater weather is always reason enough to spoil yourself with some of our Rich Marshmallow Hot Chocolate in Graham Cracker Cups. Happy holidays!
Rich Marshmallow Hot Chocolate in Graham Cracker Cups
Total Time: 35 minutes | Yield: 12 cups
Ingredients for the Graham Cracker Cups
- 1 ½ cups M.Y. San Crushed Grahams (Honey Flavor)
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
Ingredients for the Hot Chocolate
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup cream
- ¼ – 1/3 cup brown sugar (depending on how sweet you want it to be)
- ½ cup marshmallows
Procedure for the Graham Cracker Cups
- In a bowl, whisk together the M.Y. San Crushed Grahams and sugar until well-blended.
- Pour in the melted butter and mix well until the butter is evenly distributed.
- Divide the mixture into 12 muffin cups on a muffin tray, and push and pack them in firmly to form the cups for the hot chocolate.
Procedure for the Hot Chocolate
- In a small pot, combine the cocoa powder, milk, cream, and brown sugar.
- Boil for a minute, then turn off the heat for it to slightly cool. If it’s too hot, the heat may break the graham cracker cups.
- Carefully remove the graham cracker cups from the muffin pan and transfer them to a tray.
- Divide the marshmallows amongst the graham cracker cups.
- Place the graham cracker cups in the chiller until ready to serve.
- Bring out the graham cracker cups from the chiller and pour in the hot chocolate.
- Consume immediately.