In our last shoot, we just had some leftover brownies and some strawberries waiting to be devoured.
As much as we want to tell you how much time and care we spent planning for this shoot and creating this recipe, the reality is that we’re just cheap bastards who want to reuse old food. In fact, the strawberries you see have been leisurely aging in the chiller for a week.
So, what happens when you mix left-over brownies and strawberries together? Nothing.
But then, if you add in some fresh cream and condensed milk, you get a mini parfait that explodes in your mouth like a North Korean missile!
Of course, in the end, what matters is how it tastes and not how long it stayed in the freezer. And if you ask us, it was pretty good.
Strawberry Black Forest Recipe
Yield: 2-3 servings
- 250g All-purpose Cream (chilled)
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 2 brownie bars
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Beat chilled cream in a bowl.
- Add in condensed milk and mix well. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Crush one brownie, and put a layer on the bottom of one cup.
- Add cream and strawberries on top of brownie layer, repeat process twice until the cup is filled.
- Garnish with mint leaves to impress your friends.
- You can add other ingredients like different fruits, chocolates and cookies or even substitute the brownies with chiffon or butter cake.