If you’re getting bored with your mundane cup of hot cocoa, it might be time to add a luscious, decadent twist to it. Try this Red Velvet Hot Chocolate with Whipped Cream Cheese, and let me know what you think. This recipe doesn’t call for the powdered stuff in packets. Instead, it demands a lot of comfort, indulgence, and love.
Perhaps you can say that it’s the liquid form of the popular cupcake. Semi-sweet chocolate chips and milk are used as the base, finished off with a shy sprinkle of cinnamon. Oh, and did we forget to mention the generous dollop Whipped Cream Cheese floating on top? Sorry, buttercream lovers.
So, if you’re feeling that innate need to scratch that Red Velvet itch, this hot chocolate is pretty easy to prepare. Not to mention, the unlimited number of mugs you can make for your family, friends, or if you just want to fatten yourself up. Enjoy!
Red Velvet Hot Chocolate with Whipped Cream Cheese
Total Time: 20 minutes / Yield: 1-2 servings
Ingredients for the Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet choco chips
- 1/4 tsp red food coloring
- Cinnamon, for dusting
Ingredients for the Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- Whisk together cream cheese and whipped cream and set aside in the chiller.
- Heat milk in pan with sugar until it almost boils.
- Turn off fire and stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Add food coloring and transfer into mugs.
- Top off with whipped cream cheese and dust with cinnamon.