Nutella TrufflesJuly 7, 2018
The Italians got it right. They feed people with pasta and pizza, and then worry about them being able to wear the latest fashion. But do you know what their greatest contribution to humanity is?
Nutella, the famous hazelnut and chocolate spread, has two years to go before their golden anniversary. We’re praying for a world-wide celebration involving free jars of Nutella when that happens because, no, this is not one of our food hacks. There is no Nutella but Nutella. The other wannabe brands can continue to dream.
After deciding that the “add bacon” mantra we usually ascribe to is not the way to go, we tried the “cover it with chocolate” route. The result: Nutella in a new, easy-to-eat shape! They’re just the thing to make when you get bored of spooning it out of the jar, or using your fingers as dipping sticks.
Coincidentally, Pepper.ph frenemy, Erwan made some homemade Nutella today.
Total Time: 3 hours / Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Put dark chocolate, Nutella, cream and butter in a bowl.
- Place bowl in a double boiler, and heat until melted.
- Transfer to a pyrex container, and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Form into balls, and dust each truffle with cocoa powder.
Originally posted 2012-09-11 09:20:43.