Churros, also referred to as Spanish Donuts, are a snack that we often think of with much fondness. Maybe it’s all the pleasant memories we have of eating it as a child, making us daydream about a simpler and happier time (when the calories in each churro didn’t matter at all).
These deep-fried fritters are usually accompanied with some thick hot chocolate or café con leche. For this recipe, we decided to merge both dips together and then kicked things up a notch by using a chocolate bar from childhood we all have a soft spot for—Nestlé® Crunch®.
Think about it, what’s more comforting this rainy season than sitting snugly on your couch, while dipping some freshly made churros into a bowl of Nestlé® Crunch® Mocha Dip. This combination of chocolate and coffee will be your new favorite way to get your caffeine fix for the day.
Nestlé® Crunch® Mocha Dip with Homemade Churros
Total Time: 25 minutes / Yield: 1 cup
Ingredients for the Churros
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
Ingredients for the Mocha Dip
- 3 bars Nestlé® Crunch®
- 1 sachet of 3-in-1 coffee
- ¼ cup cream
Procedure for the Churros
- In a saucepan, boil the water and butter together.
- When the water has reached its boiling point and starts to bubble, add the flour and stir continuously until it gets a dough-like texture.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes or until the dough comes together in the pan. Don’t stop stirring.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, mix at medium-low speed using a paddle attachment for 1-2 minutes to cool it down.
- Add eggs one at a time while beating the dough. Beat until smooth.
- Transfer to a piping bag with star tip, set aside.
- Heat 2.5 inches of oil in a deep frying pan. Bring the temperature up to 365 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pipe churros mixture into desired shape and length. About 6 inches is a good size.
- Fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels and set aside.
Procedure for the Mocha Dip
- In a double boiler, melt together the Nestlé® Crunch® chocolate, coffee, and cream.
- Set aside until ready to use.
- Transfer to a ramekin and serve with the churros.