Leftover Chicken Adobo Tacos: Something You Can Do with Last Night’s DinnerJuly 15, 2013
- Mikka WeeWords
It’s easy to figure out what to do with leftover Pork Adobo. There are so many recipes one could choose to do. But what about Chicken Adobo? Shredding and deep-frying won’t yield the same consistency as pork, so here’s an idea: Leftover Chicken Adobo Tacos.
This dish is pretty simple to prepare. For dinner the other night, we simmered some Bounty Fresh chicken in sinamak, bay leaves, peppercorns, along with the garlic and all the other yummy adobo bits that were left over. And since we wanted to jazz up this leftover dinner, we chopped up salted eggs with tomatoes, and placed it inside a taco shell along with the adobo.
It’s pretty cool if you think about how, instead of salsa, you have this Filipino tandem that pairs together so well. The saltiness of the red egg brings out more of the sinamak flavor from the adobo, while the fresh tomatoes add a bit of tanginess in every bite.
Like Bounty Fresh on Facebook and follow Bounty Fresh on Twitter and on Instagram. Check out more of Bounty Fresh’s recipes in their Chicken Dish Collection.
Leftover Chicken Adobo Tacos with Salted Egg Tomato Salsa
Total Time: 45 minutes / Yield: 4-6 servings
Ingredients for the Chicken Adobo
- 1 kilo Bounty Fresh chicken, cut to serving pieces
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup Sinamak vinegar
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup water
Ingredients for the Salted Egg Tomato Salsa
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cut to small cubes
- 1 small red onion, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 4-6 taco shells
- 1 salted egg, peeled and cut to pieces
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, black peppercorns, and bay leaves.
- Add chicken pieces and marinate, covered, in the fridge for an hour.
- Place chicken pieces along with the marinade in a deep pan along with water and simmer.
- Cook chicken all the way through. Once done, set aside to cool.
- To make salsa, mix tomatoes, onion and oil in a bowl. Season. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- Once cool to handle, pick the meat off the chicken pieces. Distribute chicken among taco shells.
- Top with tomato salsa, salted egg and parsley.