Our Chili and Mac & Cheese Soup is a Godsend During This Cool December WeatherDecember 15, 2014
When it comes to comfort food, chili and mac & cheese are well known classics. Chili is robust, meaty and spicy, which makes it the kind of rich bowl of stew that comforts one on a rainy day. Mac & cheese on the other hand, is creamy and smooth, a dish that is craved for constantly. Confronted with a choice between one or the other is a tough call to make, but adding these two into a savory soup is a comfort food combo that’s just been waiting to happen.
With the help of Knorr Beef Cubes we’ve made a Chili and Mac & Cheese Soup that’s both meaty and cheesy with every spoonful, the kind that feels like the meaty and cheesy spaghetti used to make for every childhood birthday. We’ve also added chorizo to the soup to give it a familiar garlicky Filipino taste, and making it sufficiently filling to stand as a dinner dish on its own.
Chili and Mac & Cheese Soup
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients: Chili and Mac & Cheese Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 pc white onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup ground beef
- 1/2 cup chorizo, chopped
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 small can of crushed tomato
- 1 liter water
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
- 4 pcs Knorr Beef Cubes
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- pinch of sugar, optional
- chopped parsley, for garnish
Procedure: Chili and Mac & Cheese Soup
- Heat oil in a pot. Saute garlic and onion for 1 minute. Add in tomato paste and sauté for another minute.
- Add ground beef and chopped chorizo. Cook beef, make sure to separate them into ground pieces.
- Add in beans, crushed tomato and water. Wait for it to boil. Add the seasonings and uncooked macaroni.
- Boil until macaroni is cooked, adding extra water as needed. Season to taste. Turn off fire and transfer to bowls.
- Add grated cheese and garnish with parsley.
- Serve piping hot.