Lately, Mye and I have been obsessed with instant Japanese Curry. Its savory, umami happiness tucked inside every golden packet. The convenience of preparing it (just add hot water) gave us all the flavor we needed to prepare this dish, we didn’t even need to add salt.
This Japanese Sloppy Joe Curry is super simple. You could easily prepare and cook everything without having to wreak havoc in your kitchen. It’s a fine lunch box choice, versatile enough to enjoy either on a toasted bagel or on top of some steaming hot rice. Yum.
We were able to retain the Sloppy Joe-ness of ground beef curry with the help of something we”re sure you already have in your pantry: Tomato Ketchup. Its tangy-sweet flavor brightens up the entire dish. You could also top it with some yogurt for a tart, refreshing finish, and dig in.
[Onion Head via link]
Japanese Sloppy Joe Curry
Total Time: 30 minutes / Yield: 2-3 servings
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 kilo ground beef
- 1 packet Japanese curry
- 1/3 cup tomato ketchup
- Pre-heat non-stick frying pan on medium flame.
- Mince garlic and add to pan.
- Add ground beef and cook for 10 minutes until the juices come out.
- Prepare Japanese curry as indicated on package and add to the beef.
- Once the beef has absorbed the curry sauce, remove the beef from the heat and transfer to a metallic bowl.
- Add the ketchup and mix well.
- Top the beef on a toasted bagel and drizzle with yogurt.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Remember, there is no need to season the beef with salt and pepper.casino jameshallison The curry sauce contains all the flavor you”ll need. Promise.