Have you ever heard of the “Starbucks Scam?”
No? Here’s how it goes:
The smiling cashier dude with a green apron greets you with a Cheshire cat-like smile and asks for your drink. As you order your “usual”, he chats you up about how lovely your hair looks today or says something like “the color of the drink matches you cheeks, Madam!”.
Over the next few seconds, he continues to butter you up while he stealthily asks and receives your payment. Voila! Your money is once again gone from purchasing an overpriced cup of coffee!
The world-famous scam messes with our heads and actually make us feel good about getting ripped off. Dear lord.
While the Starbucks brand provides us with one of the greatest in-store experiences in the world, a cup of coffee should never be worth two weeks supply of Yakult.
To combat this global evil, we found a way to make you enjoy Starbucks everyday at the very comfort of your homes and offices.
Now, if you’re a bit tight on budget and want to save the world from the deception of Starbucks, you might want to try this recipe out!
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 sachets 3-in-1 coffee
- 1 sachet Swissmiss hot chocolate
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 cups crushed ice
- 2-3 tbsp. condensed milk
- Some whipped cream
- Some cocoa powder
- Empty coffee and chocolate sachets in a cup. Add in hot water and mix well.
- Transfer to a blender with all the other ingredients.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream and a dash of cocoa powder.
- Adjust condensed milk according to taste. Sweetness levels may vary depending on 3-in-1 coffee brand. You can also use cinnamon or nutmeg powder to add flavor to your drink.