Cheesy Bacon Oatmeal: How to Convert Oatmeal Haters
If we had a hierarchy of morning carbohydrates in the Philippines, placed at a lofty position at the very top would be garlic rice; and sitting at the very miserable bottom would be oatmeal.
Of course, with cheese and bacon, it’s a completely different story.
For people who cringe at the idea of oatmeal, deceive yourself by thinking of this as a healthy alternative to your favorite mac and cheese.
Quaker Oat's Cheesy Oatmeal with Bacon
- 2/3 cup Oatmeal
- 2 cups Water
- 3-4 tbsp Cheese spread (Cheese Whiz)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- pinch of Salt
- 4 strips Cooked bacon, chopped
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Boil together oatmeal, water and cheese while whisking constantly.
- Season with sugar and salt.
- Turn off fire and mix in bacon.
- Pour into bowls and top with more bacon and chopped parsley.