If you have tired of the old Worcestershire or salt & pepper marinated steak, here’s a quick and simple alternative that’ll easily become your new favorite: Balsamic Whiskey Steak.
The combination of the tangy Italian vinegar and the robust taste of the Irish whiskey bring out the steak’s beefy flavor. Because most marinades are too strong, your tastebuds forget who the true hero of the dish is.
For good measure, you might want to top it with a teeny dollop of butter. Agree? Agree.
Total Time: 90 minutes / Yield: 2 servings
- 1 pc porterhouse steak (400-500g)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp whiskey
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- Marinate steak in balsamic, whiskey, and honey for at least 40 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over high flame.
- When smoking hot, place steak and cook for 15 seconds.
- Lower flame to medium and cook for another 2-3 minutes. cook the other side for another 1-2 minutes depending on your desired “doneness” level.
- Serve immediately with butter on top.