Hiring Now: Recipe DeveloperNovember 6, 2017
Pepper has always been known for creating fun, on-trend recipes that fit our irreverent and ballsy take on food culture in Manila. We’ve done everything from cheap, two-ingredient recipes catering to the college kid, to more in-depth food hacks, where we break down the most iconic dishes in the Philippines so that anyone can cook them at home.
We’re looking for a full-time recipe developer: someone who can cook at a very high level. You have to love working in the kitchen as much as you like eating out, and getting inspired by global and local trends. You have to love testing out different ingredients, visiting markets, and exploring different techniques. You find yourself obsessed with cooking shows, and you can visualize yourself in one. Here are the requirements:
- Work with our team in developing recipes.
- Write the content of the recipes, including details about the cooking processes, ingredients.
- Engage readers who have cooking questions.
- Attend and assist in photo and video shoots of food.
- Visit markets, groceries, and places where cooks need to visit.
- Catalog and find resources that are helpful to people who love to cook in the Philippines.
- Read and study cooking. Get obsessed with it.
- Be knowledgeable about food trends and news which will inform and guide recipe development.
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Works well with a team
- Kitchen experience and/or culinary degree highly recommended
- Incredibly high cooking standards (You think you can do better than whatever it is we’re doing right now)
- An eye for aesthetics, particularly in plating (food styling experience recommended, prop styling a plus but not required)
- A wide range of food experience, local and abroad
- An open appreciation for all kinds of food: from instant noodles to tasting menus
- A natural inclination towards chemistry and science for testing techniques and ingredients
- A warm personality eager to help people out
- Comfortable enough to be on camera
How to Apply
- Write an email with the subject: “Application for Recipe Developer 2017: Your Name”
- Send us samples of recipes you’ve previously made, whether in written form, or photos which document the dishes.
- A resume which outlines your culinary experience
- Send everything to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 20, 2017. We won’t accept submissions beyond the deadline.
We’re looking forward to seeing your applications. Let us know if you have any more questions by sending us an email over to email@example.com. See you!