Yesterday’s milk tea post must have gotten you craving for this sugar-loaded refreshment. And with milk tea spots being popular barkada hang outs, here’s a way to lure your friends into saving money and enjoying your favorite beverage at home.
Come to think of it, having “tea time” in your living room has a more sophisticated feel to it than sitting down at some linoleum-tiled cafe with shaky tables, right? Open a box of premium cookies, and you’ll be reliving scenes from those British movies wherein the cast enjoys a spot of tea with their pinkies up. Speaking of movies, you can also catch some of the latest awesome flicks with your milk tea savings. See? It’s a win-win situation.
What’s great about this milk tea recipe is that it’s flexible: you can any tea you like (Oolong, Jasmine, English Breakfast, etc). If you’re watching your weight, the sugar is also adjustable. You can also enjoy it cold. Either way, you can be sure to satisfy your fix. Just don’t overdo it and drink it three times a day—unless you want to be shaped like a boba.
Homemade Milk Tea
Total Time: 30 minutes / Yield: 3-4 servings
- 1 liter black tea, hot
- 1/4 cup creamer
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- Boba pearls, cook as directed on package
- While the black tea is hot, mix in creamer until diluted. Set aside to cool.
- Boil sugar and water together until they melts. Mix in to the black tea.
- Cool milk tea mixture and serve iced or hot.
- You can use other teas like English Breakfast and Oolong. Adjust sugar level to your preference.