This drink won’t exactly make you live forever, but it can make you feel immortal, infinite, or whatever overused term there is out there that alludes to that invincible feeling showcased in numerous young adult movies and novels. For John Green fans, it’s The Colonel’s signature drink in Looking for Alaska. For Battlestar geeks, it’s that (supposedly green) alcoholic drink that’s frakking powerful like woah.
Our friend Wikipedia tells us that Ambrosia, originally used in Greek Mythology, is the nectary drink consumed by the gods and demigods. It is known to contain certain magical qualities that can make one ageless.
Unfortunately, all we have is the means (and beverages) to replicate this divine feeling of immortality through Coconut Rum, along with other bountiful goodies that are heaven-sent: honey, cinnamon, and milk powder.
This magical medley gives off that comforting feeling of sweet milk spiced with a bit of cinnamon. But just wait ‘til you taste that coconut-y alcoholic kick. Oh yeah. A few more glasses of this and you’ll feel divinely immortal, all right! Enjoy!
Honey Cinnamon Coconut Ambrosia
Total Time: 15 minutes / Yield: 2-3 servings
- 1 tbsp Coconut rum
- 2 tbsp Honey (preferably runny, if you’re using thick honey please refer to the note on the side)
- 250ml Full cream milk
- Cinnamon powder
- Mix coconut, rum, honey, and milk.
- Fill 2 glasses with ice and pour mixture in each glass.
- Sprinkle top with cinnamon powder and serve.
- If you’re using thick honey, make sure to first dissolve the honey in 1 tbsp warm water before pouring over milk mixture.