Cheese and chocolate make a trendy and tasty pair. A more adventurous play on the salt and chocolate pairing, the added pungency from the cheese elevates the cocoa flavor in chocolate—not exactly making it sweeter, but allowing its rich notes to surface from the combination.
Blending cheese and chocolate together can be a tricky endeavor. Unlike matching cheese with wine or fruit, pairing it with chocolate can be messed up easily, just like chips and dip, because of the wide range of flavors to choose from. The permutations are endless, and whether you get it right by accident or by thorough experimentation, it’s a smart move to stick to safe combinations that have been tried and tested. Here, we’ve prepared Grilled Cheese ala Mode, using pizza cheese and NESTLÉ Temptations Belgian Chocolate Praline ice cream.
With the melted cheese in the sandwich blanketed by the ice cream, and furthered by the ice cream’s Belgian chocolate and praline bits made from chocolate-covered toffee, this dessert crosses the line between savory snack and rich dessert, turning it into a salty-sweet treat that satisfies both flavor profiles.
Grilled Cheese Sandwich ala Mode with NESTLÉ Temptations Belgian Chocolate Praline Ice Cream
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 3-4 servings, estimated
- 4 slices bread
- 1/2 cup pizza cheese mix
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 scoops NESTLÉ Temptations Belgian Chocolate Praline ice cream
- chocolate syrup, for drizzling (optional)
- Lay down the bread slice and scatter 1/4 cup cheese on top, place second slice of bread.
- Spread the top and bottom parts of the bread with butter. Repeat with the other bread slices.
- Grill sandwiches on medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until crusty brown and the cheese has melted.
- Immediately transfer to plate and slice in half.
- Top with ice cream scoop.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup or add strawberry slices as an option.
- Serve immediately.