We love feeding your mind with alcoholic ideas every Friday, so today, we’re changing the way you look at oranges. See, this fruit can indeed be fun, especially when fed with a small bottle of Absolut Vodka. Oh yeah.
Our friends from design studio And A Half added the oomph to this photo through their incredible typography. If they sound familiar, it’s because they were the ones behind of last week’s Root Canal Float art, too! Talk about mad skillz. Another fact about this Absolut Vodka Orange artwork is that it was designed by their talented, young (teenage) interns Kitkat Lastimosa, Andi Lanuza, and Karen Fuentes.
The drunken Absolut Vodka Orange could serve as a perfect disguise to those who would rather “stay away from the booze and opt for some fruit.” Little do they know that these citrusy bastards are waiting for the kill. Oh, too late. You just had a shot of vodka with your sliver of orange.
If you have kids in your home, it might be a good idea to throw away the leftovers instead of storing them in your fridge. Your lack of responsibility can cause permanent damage to those innocent souls. Not to mention, a lot scolding from yo momma.
Vodka Orange Upside Down
Total Time: 8 hours and 15 minutes / Yield: 1 orange
- 1 large orange
- 1 small bottle vodka
- Remove top stem part of the orange.
- With a knife, gently poke insides of the orange to open up the pulps.
- Open vodka bottle and insert into the hole.
- Rest orange in a small bowl, vodka bottle side up. Put in the chiller.
- Wait for 6-8 hours. When orange has absorbed vodka, remove bottle. Slice into wedges and enjoy.