Now this one’s a Frankenstein of sorts.
Put together with things that are pretty much perfect on their own: Oreos, pancakes, and ice cream, this creature was conceived through mad science. (or aliens.)
And if mashing all these elements together isn’t enough to make you gag with joy, the final process includes drowning Oreos and pancakes in a bath of boiling oil and topping the finished golden brown munchkins with frozen goodness.
For those of you who think that these Oreos look familiar, this dish is a highly-popularized dessert brought to the shores of top universities by a (growing) restaurant chain with awesome value-for-money chicken wings, flame only figurative.
If the photos make you wanna sink your teeth into these fluffy little creatures, today’s your lucky day—you can now do this in the comfort of your own laboratory with our little recipe. Go mad and tell us how it goes!
Yield: 4 servings
- 16 pcs original Oreos
- 1 small box Maya hotcake mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Oil for deep frying
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- Prepare hotcake batter as directed on packaging.
- Add baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk well.
- Heat oil on medium flame.
- Dip oreo in batter and fry.
- Repeat with the rest of the Oreo cookies.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Serve immediately.
- You can try using different flavors of ice cream like rocky road, caramel, etc.
- You can also try using caramel syrup instead of chocolate.