Last week, we announced that we were holding our first-ever Pepper.ph Burger Week this week (Dwight even made an adorable poster for it). And since an overwhelming number of entries flooded the comments section, it was sheer torture to read Wagyu, Bacon, Angus, etcetcetc without my tummy giving off a little grumble.
Even after lunch, I’d still find myself drooling over the dream burger ideas posted in the website. This made me reach out for a bag of crisps (or any snack for that matter) impulsively, just to compensate for my yearning. Ackkk. Or maybe, I am just a glutton in denial. See, my knees get pretty weak at the thought of greasy, fatty food…more so when piled together into a tower of joy, waiting to be devoured. Oh mannnn. This is why diets and I never get along.
Also, while skimming through the entries, we thought of joining in the same contest we were holding (hehe). So we, too, created our very own Pepper.ph dream burger: The Bacon Beast!
It does not contain any legit burger patty because we thought it would be more fun to simply throw in some of our favorite foods such as thick slabs of Tyrolian Bacon that we fried in butter, Caramelized Scallops that were fried in the same butter as the bacon, Asparagus Spears that were cooked in the same deadly butter and bacon fat duo, and we topped it off with Hollandaise sauce—which is also made with butter. Yum. Health freaks are probably horrified by now. I imagine them cringe with wide eyes and flaring nostrils. (I bet you did that to see what it looks like.)
Do not let the photo above fool you, and trust me when I say that there is way more to this photo than my seemingly “dainty” handling of the Bacon Beast. From what I recall, this was probably the start of my piggery—at least a good minute prior to my Hollandaise-stained face with bacon oil dripping down to my chin. I apologize for my lack of poise and my blatant expose. But that is the truth when it comes to me enjoying my food. Demure will cease to exist in my dictionary. Burp.
Other burger recipes that’ll make you drool as much as the Bacon Beastly Burger:
1. Keith’s Kaldereta Burger with Keso de Bola
2. Barby’s Conyo Crabby Patty with Lemon-Miso Butter and Dill Sauce
3. Liana’s One-Bun Shroomburger with Enoki Mushrooms, Mozzarella,Emmental Cheese, and Japanese Roasted Sesame Dressing
4. Birdie & Nikki’s Deadly Lechoncharon Burger
The Pepper.ph Bacon Beast Burger
Total Time: 20 minutes / Yield: 1 burger
- 1 slab Tyrolian bacon, cut into pieces
- 3 large scallops
- Asparagus spears
- As much butter as you want (we used three tabelspoons for this recipe)
- 1 pack Hollandaise sauce
- Whole wheat bun
- Pat Tyrolian bacon and scallops dry with paper towels. Toast the whole wheat bun.
- Heat oil in a pan over a medium flame.
- Add a bit of oil in the pan and melt the butter.
- Add Tyrolian bacon. Fry until outer part becomes crisp and golden brown. Set aside.
- Add scallops, frying each side for 1 and a half minutes. Set aside.
- Add asparagus spears. Cook until slightly charred, then set aside.
- Slice whole wheat bun in half. Pile bacon, scallops, and asparagus.
- Drizzle with Hollandaise before adding the top bun.