If you thought lining up for “The Avengers” was awful, try going to Happy Lemon.
Happy Lemon’s queues are painfully long that if you combine all the people lining up in all their branches in the Philippines during prime time, you could probably form a human chain from Manila to Tagaytay.
So, what’s their secret? (Part-owner Chris Tiu!)
For those who are unfamiliar, they sell this strange, frothy creation they call their “Rock Salt Cheese Foam,” which is more often than not, a love-hate thing for most people. Obviously though, the endless waves of zombies who line up show that more people love it.
Now, if you’re anything like us and you absolutely detest waiting, you might wanna give this recipe a try!
Happy Lemon Rock Salt and Cheese
Yield: 2-3 servings
Ingredients for the Tea (not exactly Happy Lemon’s)
- 2 sachet black tea
- 2 cups Hot water
- Sugar or Corn Syrup
Ingredients for the Cheese Foam
- 1/2 cup Cream cheese spread, softened
- 1/4 cup Condensed milk, chilled
- 1/3 cup Whipping cream, chilled well
- Himalayan pink rock salt
Procedure for the Tea
- Prepare tea in advanced.
- Steep black tea in hot water for 3-5 minutes.
- Allow the tea to cool and put in the chiller for at least two hours.
Procedure for the Cream Cheese Foam
- In a bowl, whisk cream until a bit thick like syrup.
- Add softened cream cheese and condensed milk
- Whisk together well. Keep in chiller until ready to use.
- When serving, pour tea in a glass.
- Add in syrup (amount based on sweetness level preference) and stir.
- Add 2-3 spoons of cheese foam.
- Sprinkle with rock salt. Serve.
- In a hurry? Add ice to the tea to cool it faster. If you’re doing this, make sure to steep the tea longer to have a stronger tea—ice will dilute it. For a totally different flavor, you can also use Iced Chocolate Milk instead of tea!