Crumpler wants (one of) you to have this multi-purpose laptop backpack they proudly call “The Vegetable from Inside of the Mountain.”
[Update: Congratulations to Sid (@crapPOW) for getting 7 answers correctly! The correct answers are: carrot, potato, ginger, onion, cabbage, leeks, cucumber and red bell pepper.]
Apparently, Crumpler’s founders way back in Australia are class-A trolls. According to their website, here’s how they came up with the name: “[It] was inspired by one ingredient of one dish during dinner one night in Tokyo. ‘What’s that?’ we asked in our best Japenglishe. The waiter’s literal description of what we now know to be sansai, was ‘vegetable from inside the mountain’. Straight to the product library with that one, we thought.”
It’s not everyday you see a company like Crumpler that dares to be as creative as this on a global scale. Aside from this one, others have equally crazy names: “Pinnacle of Horror, 5 Million Dollar Home and The Fug.” It doesn’t stop there—they even call their customers “Bag Nerds.” We applaud such creativity.
Here are more perspectives to generate more lust.
Of course you want the bag, so here’s how you can get it.
Since we’re on topic with vegetables here, below are eight vegetable photos we shot and cropped. We intentionally obscured what they are, but you can still identify them based on the colors and texture. The first person to get all of them right will get the bag.
Here’s how to win again:
- Guess the 8 Vegetables.
- If nobody gets 8 right, the most number of matches wins.
- If there’s a tie, the more loyal Pepper.ph follower wins. (We know who you are)
- You can only enter once.
Here’s how to be qualified:
- Like and follow Pepper.ph in Facebook and Twitter.
- Like and follow Crumpler Philippines in Facebook and Twitter.
- Share this post in Facebook and tag @Pepper.ph. (You have to be our follower.)
- Tweet this post with #pepperphlovesbagnerds.
- You must be living in the Philippines.
- We reserve the right to disqualify spammers and contest junkies.
- Please leave us with your email address or Twitter account when you enter your comment.
- The Winner will be announced on September 26, 2012.
If you don’t win, but want the bag, you can get this in a Crumpler store in Trinoma, Bonifacio High Street, Robinson’s Ermita and SM Mega Mall.