We are serving you a plateful of wallet-busting vegetables today, but don’t knock it! It has bacon and we all know that everything is better (and more palatable) with bacon. Unless you don’t have the special mutation that allows you to enjoy brussel sprouts, in which case you can pair your pan-seared bass with just bacon. Pepper.ph supports your handicap.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Total Time: 60 minutes / Yield: 2-3 servings
- 250 grams (about 8 pieces) brussel sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped bacon
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced thickly
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- pinch of pepper
- Wash brussel sprouts and pat dry.
- Slice in half and put in a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Toss until all brussel sprouts are coated with oil.
- Arrange in a baking sheet, sprinkle with chopped bacon and bake for 30-40 mins in oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.