While Santa goes out at night, delivering gifts to those who have been nice, Mrs. Claus likes to whip up a little treat for herself by bringing out her stash of Tequila Rose and a pile of milky biscuits.
Marie biscuits are an integral part of every Filipino’s childhood. They’re those round, pale-brown colored cookies that are on the milky side with a hint of vanilla. They also soften quickly, which is why babies like gnawing them with their gums.
A mature version of Milk and Cookies, this Mrs. Claus Christmas Cocktail is a frothy holiday delight that’ll get your cheeks all red like Rudolph’s nose. The sweet, strawberry taste of the tequila packs up a strong alcoholic buzz that’ll keep you happily tipsy all night long.
Thick, rich, and heavenly, the Mrs. Claus is a perfect celebratory drink this holiday season. Its pretty pastel pink color might attract the little children, so please be responsible. You can have as much as you want when they’re dozing off and dreaming about Christmas morning.
Christmas Cookie Cocktail Series: The Mrs. Claus
Total Time: 15 minutes / Yield: 1-2 servings
- 1/4 cup crushed Marie cookies
- 1 tsp corn syrup
- 2 servings tequila rose, chilled
- Sugar, for the rim
- Water for dipping
- Strawberries, for garnish
- Dip rims of glass in water and dip in sugar. Set aside.
- Mix together cookies and corn syrup.
- Divide into 2 glasses and push down to form a crust.
- Pour in chilled tequila rose and serve with a teaspoon.