Chili Chocolate MousseApril 6, 2019
When one is asked what qualities one would find attractive in the opposite sex, more often than not, “knows how to cook” finds its way on everyone’s list. It doesn’t matter if they just know how to nuke a TV dinner or are perfectly willing to spend eons creating a degustation fit for the Iron Chef arena, a little skill in the kitchen is always pretty sexy.
We’re here to help you make something ridiculously sexy and decadent for your loved one, something that’ll score you a ton of points without risking an anxiety attack from a complicated and difficult recipe. Besides, who can resist chocolate?
Chocolate Espresso Mousse with Chili
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 5 servings, estimated (depending on the size of glasses used)
- 140 grams of dark chocolate for baking (we used Lindt L’Universel)
- 2 eggs, separate the yolks from the whites
- 40 grams of sugar
- 30 ml of espresso
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie. Once melted, let it cool a little.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff with an electric mixer then set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks and the sugar very well together with the mixer.
- Add the chocolate, espresso, milk, and the chilli powder into the egg yolk and sugar. Mix well.
- Incorporate the whipped egg whites into the mixture using a lifting and rolling motion. This is to make sure your mousse remains fluffy.
- Pour the mousse into glasses (be creative, you can use shot glasses, champagne flutes, etc.). Refrigerate for at least two hours to ensure it sets before serving. Garnish with strawberries, chocolate shavings, or a dollop of whipped cream.
Originally posted 2014-02-19 01:18:06.