Warning: just because we used chicken instead of beef in this recipe, that doesn’t mean it’s healthier. Why did we do it? Why replace perfectly good beef with chicken? Well, why not?
Cooking beef can be difficult for beginners; getting it wrong can easily make the meat stringy and tough. Chicken, on the other hand, is a little more forgiving. We used Bounty Fresh chicken breasts in this recipe to give us a softer and juicier finished product that’s also lean and healthy.
Too bad you have to forget all about that “healthy” blah once the Provolone cheese melts and melds the chicken and sweet onions together! The result? A rich and tasty amalgam that might be bad for the heart but is definitely good for the soul. All the rich, smoky, and sweet flavors combine into one hefty and satisfying lunch or dinner. It’s instant comfort food that you can also easily pack inside your lunch box.
Like Bounty Fresh on Facebook and follow Bounty Fresh on Twitter and on Instagram. Check out more of Bounty Fresh’s recipes in their Chicken Dish Collection.
Chicken Cheesesteak Sandwich
Total Time: 45 minutes / Yield: 2 servings
- 3 Bounty Fresh boneless chicken breasts, skin removed and diced
- 3 tablespoons liquid seasoning
- ½ tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, de-seeded and sliced to strips
- 1 mini baguette, split lengthwise and divided to 2
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- In a bowl, combine chicken, liquid seasoning, and black pepper. Stir.
- Leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- In a pan over medium heat, cook the chicken in oil along with the marinade. Once cooked, transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add onions and peppers and sauté until soft.
- Once done, turn heat off, add chicken pieces back to the pan to reheat. Mix.
- Distribute chicken and veggies equally among the rolls.
- Top with two slices of Provolone each and place under the broiler until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.