How long has it been since you’ve last encountered a “Toilet Surprise?”
If that gave you a half-chuckle, then you know what I mean. If not, read on.
A toilet surprise usually begins when you desperately need to use the toilet. Upon locking the door of your little private box, the first symptom of a toilet surprise reveals itself—a closed lid. When you begin this endeavor, the big question comes to mind, “Should I open the lid or not?”
If you choose to brave the challenge, then you’ll know the answer. If it’s an empty, sparkling white bowl, then the surprise ends. On the other hand, if you see any discolorations—either yellow, brown or green-black, congratulations to your toilet surprise experience.
Lucky for us, not all surprises are of the toilet kind. Some are actually wonderful.
If you’ve noticed in these photos, these corn dogs don’t contain any hotdogs—they’re actually sliced cheese sticks inside that’ll nicely melt when you cook them.
If you’d like to give your friends and family surprises other than the toilet sort, then try and cook this for them.
Mini Cheese Corn Dogs
Yield: 16 sticks
- 1 bar cheddar cheese
- 1 small box Maya hotcake mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Mustard and ketchup (serving suggestion)
- Slice cheese into sticks.
- Secure them with toothpicks. Set aside.
- Prepare hotcake batter as directed on packaging.
- Add baking powder and whisk well.
- Heat oil on medium flame.
- Dip cheese stick in batter and gently submerge in the oil.
- Repeat for the rest of the cheese sticks.
- Deep fry in batches until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with mustard and ketchup.
- Do not use quick-melt cheese brands for this recipe or else the cheese will spill out of the hotcake coating. You can use other types of hard cheeses.