Here’s a Quick Graham Cracker Pudding that You Can Prepare in Under 30 MinutesDecember 24, 2013
We followed the same procedure used when making bread pudding, but in lieu of bread, we used M.Y. San Graham Crackers instead.
Bread pudding is one of the easiest desserts to prepare. It’s also a great way to save and enjoy otherwise bad food, like if you have a ton of leftover loaves in your fridge but have minimal time (and effort) to spare. Our recipe combines tart calamansi juice and rich vanilla cream to achieve that sweet-sour mix we Filipinos love. A dash of cinnamon adds a Yuletide touch to this dessert, making it a perfect addition to your Christmas table.
Calamansi-Vanilla Graham Cracker Pudding
Total Time: 35 minutes | Yield: 1 small casserole (2 servings)
Ingredients for the Graham Cracker Pudding
- 8 pieces M.Y. San Graham Crackers Honey Flavor
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp calamansi juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for the Toppings
- ½ tbsp M.Y. San Crushed Grahams (Honey Flavor)
- 1 tsp white sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 300° Fahrenheit.
- Combine the M.Y. San Crushed Grahams, white sugar, and ground cinnamon and then set the mixture aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, egg, sugar, calamansi juice, and vanilla extract. Make sure all the ingredients are well-incorporated.
- Soak the M.Y. San Graham Crackers for 3 minutes in the liquid before layering them on top of each other in a small casserole.
- Top with the M.Y. San Crushed Grahams mixture that was previously set aside, and then bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm.
- Serve immediately.