We had just run out of ideas for our next shoot, and luckily, we found some brie in the fridge. Unluckily, there was only one slice left.
Just so you know, the recipe for baking brie that we had in mind is something like this. However due to our scarcity issue, we couldn”t decide what to do.
Proudly, Kat bragged that she could pull something interesting off.
So, she did. And she failed.
The good thing is, cheese is forgiving when it comes to failure. Although a visual disaster, this magma-like cheese blob was heavenly. Even with just Sky Flakes.
Baked Brie Magma-Style
Yield: 4-5 servings
- 1 wedge Brie Cheese, chilled
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Walnuts, toasted then chopped
- Crackers, for serving (Skyflakes, the Pinoy choice)
- Remove top crust of brie (optional)
- Put in baking tray and sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Drizzle honey on top of brown sugar.
- Preheat oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Bake in 350 degrees F.
- Top with nuts and serve with crackers.