Pretend It’s Summer Again With This Easy, Breezy, Beer PunchOctober 20, 2015
Beer month might happen in October when the weather cools down considerably, and stormy nights become too many to count, but our tropical climate will always have a chance of sunshine. For your backyard barbecue that’s an ode to the dwindling days of summer, it’s time for some incredibly simple punch, that’s punctuated with light beer for freshness.
This is a cross between those boozy punches that come in giant bowls with ladles at office parties, and sophisticated Moscow mules at your local cocktail bar. Simple to make, and easy to adjust to your liking, this beer punch isn’t just for Oktoberfest—it can be sipped on any day of the year.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 light beers (we used San Miguel Flavored Beer in Apple)
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 cup cucumber lemonade (store-bought from a convenience store)
- calamansi, according to your liking (can be substituted with lime, too)
- 2 tbsps honey/ginger-flavored syrup
- Tip all the beers into a carafe or jug.
- Add the rum and lemonade, and squeeze as much calamansi as you like. Half a lime works, too.
- Stir in honey or ginger syrup.
- Pour over ice and serve.