Egg Salad with Truffle Oil: Make Eggs Magical
A moustache spells the difference between a Robert Pattinson and a Chuck Norris. A moustache instantly transforms a boy into a man.
In the local culinary scene, the equivalent of this magnificent piece of hair is truffle oil.
For some strange reason, local Italian and French restaurants have been recently slathering all their less than exciting dishes with truffle oil (a lot of them mostly for marketing purposes) and charging customers double the price of the dish with some fancy name.
Sprinkle some truffle oil into a standard white pasta, and voila—you get “Gordon’s Truffle Oil Cream.”
And while truffle oil isn’t all that special, it does add a certain dimension to food.
In our little dish, adding some truffle oil to some good ol’ egg salad might give it a powerful, moustache-like punch you need.
Egg Salad with Truffle Oil
Adjust quantity of truffle oil to taste. Some brands are more concentrated than others. You can also use the truffled egg recipe for sandwiches and salads.Truffled Eggs:
- 5 whole Eggs
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Pickle relish
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- pinch of White pepper
- 1-2 tsp Truffle oil
- 6 slices Tasty bread
- 2 tbsp Melted butter
Procedure for Bread Cups
- Prepare cups in advanced: heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove bread crusts.
- Brush both sides of bread with melted butter.
- Push bread on muffin tray forming a bowl shape.
- Bake bread in muffin tray for 15-20 minutes or until toasted.
Procedure for Truffled Eggs
- Boil eggs for 12 minutes, or until hardboiled.
- Peel and chop eggs and put in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together mayonnaise, pickle relish, sugar, salt, pepper and truffle oil.
- Add the chopped eggs into the mixture and mix well.
- Keep in chiller until ready to serve.
- Put a spoonful of truffle egg mixture in bread cups.