It”s 2:00am, I”m really sleepy and words aren”t naturally evaporating from the keyboard.
There isn”t really much to say about this cake—except that if I wasn”t going to wake up tomorrow, a plate of this would be a fitting last meal.
Seriously, how (dafuq) could you go wrong with Bailey”s, Chocolate, Nutella, Crepes and Philippine Mangoes?
Bailey’s Nutella Chocolate Mango Crepe Cake
Yield: 6-8 servings
Ingredients for the Crepe Batter
- 3 cups Milk
- 6 Eggs
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- Extra butter for cooking crepes
Ingredients for the Nutella Ganache
- 1 cup hazelnut chocolate spread
- 1/2 cup all purpose cream
- 1-2 tbsp Bailey’s
- Crepe Toppings
- 1 fresh mango, diced
Procedure for the Crepes
- Whisk together all wet ingredients except melted butter—eggs, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix.
- Pour egg-milk-vanila mixture into the flour mixture.
- Add in Melted Butter and whisk until smooth.
- Strain mixture if you find the it a bit lumpy.
- Let it rest for at least two hours.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium fire and put a dab of butter.
- When butter has melted and is sizzling, pour 1/3-1/2 cup of the batter.
- Swirl batter until it forms a thin pancake-like sheet. Adjust amount according to the size of pan you are using.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter. Wipe pan with melted butter as needed.
Procedure for the Nutella Ganache
- Whisk together all the ingredients. Set aside.
- If it becomes runny, put in the chiller or add more chocolate spread.
- Stack all crepes.
- Pour over ganache.
- Top with fresh mangoes.
- It would be best to prepare the batter 1 day in advanced and stored in the chiller to rest. Feel free to use other desired fruits such as bananas, strawberries, oranges, etc. For chocolate/ Nutella lovers, you can spread chocolate mixture in between crepes.