Krabby Patty: A Recipe from a Pineapple Under the SeaJune 15, 2012
Spongebob Squarepants has no doubt garnered an almost religious following that rivals that of a very famous Latina explorer, generating a variety of merchandise from notebooks to electric guitars.
However, some scientists found it in them to do some research on the beloved show and found that children who watch it arguably become…well, dumber. At least dumber is better than demented, which is the effect of a certain wallaby, though.
So if you’re ready to reduce some of your IQ points from devouring pan-fried deliciousness, say “Aye, aye captain!” to our take on the highly popular mystery burger of the show.
No crabs, starfish, whales, or plankton were harmed in the formulation of this burger.
This recipe does not contain crabmeat, which means it is safe for people who are allergic to this crustacean.
Krabby Patty with Romesco Sauce
Yield: 3 servings
Ingredients for the Krabby Patty
- 12 pcs imitation crabsticks, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 pcs egg
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- oil for pan frying
Ingredients for the Romesco Sauce
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped & seeded tomatoes
- 1/4 cup canned pimiento
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Procedure for Krabby Patty
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Form into 6 patties.
- On medium flame, heat non-stick pan.
- Pan-fry patties for 2-3 minutes on each side or until brown.
- Serve with Romesco sauce.
Procedure for Romesco Sauce
- Put all ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth.
- Set aside until ready to serve.
Procedure for Roasted Garlic (Romesco sauce)
- Cut top part of 1 whole garlic bulb.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- You can serve this sandwiched in-between buns, and/ or with lettuce.
- You can also use Tartar sauce with the patties.